SafeStay & COVID-19 Update
Dear Valued Guests,
For more than 20 years, The Mansion has lived by the core value established by our founder and owner, “To serve with the heart.” This enduring value guides us as we face the difficult challenge of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19), which the World Health Organization declared a pandemic as of Wednesday, March 11, 2020.
Given the impact of COVID-19 on how we work, socialize and travel, we have been adapting our cancellation policy to the evolving nature of this epidemic. For guests with existing individual reservations, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow change of travel dates without a charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
During this crisis, we know travel may not be your first thought, but we want you to know the safety of our guests and our staff is the top of our priority. We want to thank you in advance for putting your trust in The Mansion as you plan your future travels. Our team will work to ensure that our guests’ rooms are spread out to maximize social distancing. Social events have also been postponed until further notice.
We recognize that the COVID-19 virus has required all of us to be more mindful as we go through our daily lives. As part of our commitment, kindly refer to precautionary measures below to reassure you of the actions we are taking to protect the health and safety of our guests, partners and employees.
Currently, we have closed some of our outlets to maximize physical distancing and reduce staff coverage at the resort:
– Wellness Centre, although some treatments may be available upon request
– Plumeria Restaurant
– Heaven & Earth Spa
– all operating times are subject to change without advanced notice
- Prepayment is highly advised; contactless payments include bank transfers (please allow sufficient time (approximately 10 days) to confirm receipt), otherwise we will need a secondary payment, paypal, online payment gateway; payment authorization form via our Reservations team
- You may email your registration details to our Front Office team in advance; please note we will also need a copy of your id
During Your Stay
Lobby/Front Office/Bell Desk/Concierge and Public Areas
Stepped up frequency of the cleaning/disinfecting in the following areas:
- Guest toilets, ensuring all counter surfaces and door handles disinfected
- Disinfectant to be used frequently to clean and sanitize countertops, phones, keyboards and screens
- Hand sanitizer placed at each reception counter and concierge/porter desks
- Porters to ensure they sanitize their hands after carrying guest’s bags
- Hand sanitizer and soap placed in every public toilet along with signs reminding guests on the importance of washing hands
Total counter of temperature control/check station:
- Loading dock/staff entrance (every employee and supplier is checked)
- Lobby entrance (every arrival guest is checked)
- Mansion Wellness Entrance
- Sayan Aesthetic Institute
- Pre-function area (every group/event guest is checked)
- All guests fill out a travel declaration form, implemented since March 7, 2020.
- Temperature screening for all guests coming to our resort
- We will send anyone with a high temperature to get checked before checking in.
- We have placed antibacterial hand sanitizers and hand-soaps throughout the resort
- Sourced single-use (by availability, due to shortage) and cloth masks for purchase
- Guest rooms will be distanced as possible, ie no side by side rooms, unless by special request for families traveling together. Fortunately, our resort does not use central air, therefore each room has its own air conditioning unit
- Guests may communicate with our team for appointments, food & beverage orders, housekeeping requests via WhatsApp
- Rooms will be deep-cleaned after each check out
- In room-dining options will be based on our full menu
- Housekeeping attendants will clean rooms upon request
- Tables in restaurants will be spaced to allow physical distancing
- For any guests who may be confirmed with a positive diagnosis, we will sanitize their room and keep it unoccupied for 14 days.
- There are 2 nearest hospitals: BIMC Ubud and Kasih Ibu Saba (25 mins away)
- On-call doctors will be from: Ubud Clinic, UbudCare Clinic, Toya Medika, or BIMC Ubud
- Some referral hospitals which are in cooperation with the hotel for all the COVID-19 patients as follows: Rumah Sakit Umum Daerah Sanjiwani Gianyar, located approximately 30 minutes from the hotel, and Rumah Sakit Umum Sanglah, approximately 75 minutes away from the hotel.
- screen our employees to stay home if they are showing any signs of illness
- All employees are wearing masks to limit the spread
- Any employees returning from, or with family members returning from abroad will be required to quarantine for 14 days
Food and Beverage Outlets
- Hand sanitizer available at the entrance desk in every outlet
- All tables and all chairs cleaned with disinfectant after guests leave
- Restaurants and bars may operate with reduced capacity to ensure adequate space to allow physical distancing
- All food suppliers to adhere to proper hand washing procedures during all deliveries of food at the receiving bay. Wash basin available in receiving area.
- Daily inspections to be carried out by management in all food preparation and service areas to ensure that cleaning and sanitation methods are consistently adhered to and carried out.
- Employees in food preparation areas to wear masks and hair coverage
- Daily kitchen briefings regarding personal and workplace cleanliness is essential
- Non-hotel guests/members visiting the resort have to complete a Health Declaration Form, whether they have come into contact with any person suspected of the Covid-19 virus, and their past travel for the last 14 days
- In-house guests would have given the information at the point of check-in
- Hand sanitizer placed in the Gym, Spa Reception, Ladies & Men’s changing rooms/toilets.
- Hourly cleaning of guest changing rooms, showers and toilets ensuring all counter surfaces and door handles disinfected.
- Hourly cleaning/disinfecting of gym equipment or directly after use by guests. Disinfectant available for guests to wipe equipment if wanted.
- Disinfectant wet wipes to be used frequently to clean and sanitise counter tops, phone, keyboards and screens.
- Increased monitoring of chlorine levels in the swimming pool and spa pools.
- Spa therapist to wear masks for all treatments and gloves for specific treatments (e.g. facial treatments)
We recognize that these are unsettling times and whether you are traveling now or in the future, we want you to know that your safety and well-being are our first priority.
The Mansion Team